We know we keep harping on about how good paddling is for your mental health, but really, it is great!
If you need more convincing though, we’ve made a list of 10 reasons why paddling is great for everything from busting bad moods to helping improve more serious issues such as depression and anxiety.
Take a look, you’ll definitely want to pick up a paddle and head outside by the end! You might also want to check out our Nine Health Benefits of Paddling blog here.
Why paddling is good for your mental health
- You can boost your mood just by being outside. Exercise in the “blue gym” more often and you’ll find an improvement in your physical and mental well-being.
- At the risk of sounding like your old PE teacher, exercise is good for you! It can help you boost your mood and can tackle depression and anxiety too!
- Did you know? If you exercise on or near water and greenery it has been shown to reduce depression and anger, as well as improve confidence.
- Paddling will introduce a little variety into your life. Variety is the spice of life after all, and there’s so many places you can paddle! Get planning your next paddle adventure for some R&R.
- You can improve your self esteem through setting goals to acheive. With so much variety within paddling, you’ll never run out of goals!
- Paddling is a form of ‘moving meditation.’ That’s right, not all meditations include sitting on a mat chanting you know!
- You’ll get more vitamin D. If you’re low in vitamin D, it has been found to play a large role in mood disorders such as depression. You can boost your levels of vitamin D just by being outside and enjoying the space.
- Remember as a kid when you used to do handstands and the world looked weird upside down? Well, life looks different from the water too. Paddling offers a unique perspective of the world… one you’re not very often exposed to. Seeing the world from a different angle gives you a fresh perspective.
- You can make new friends and form new social groups with people who have similar interests. Building new social groups is never a negative! More people to talk to, interact with and learn from… bonus!
- If we’ve not already sold it to you, we’ve left the simplest reason until last. It’s fun, and having fun makes us happy!