What does membership/licence cover?

Having membership with British Canoeing, Canoe Wales, or the SCA brings you a host of benefits, as well as helping the environment and maintaining waterways.

Membership also means a waterways licence for when you paddle in England or Wales. A licence is not required in Scotland.

  1. For detail on what your licence covers check out our waterways licence article here
  2. For specifics on what waterways are covered check out this British Canoeing article here.
  3. Also, our Rivers pages each have information on whether membership covers you for paddling in that area.