1. In order to contribute to the Service provided on this website, you must become a member of PaddlePoints. You must complete registration by providing certain information as set out on our registration page. Please also refer to the British Canoeing Privacy Centre for details relating to the collection, storage, and use of the details you provide on registration or when using the Services.
2. You agree to ensure that your registration details including your email address and name are true and accurate and agree to update your details from time to time if and when they change. If we become aware that your details are incorrect, we reserve the right to immediately cancel your registration and acceptance for registration in the future will be at our discretion.
3. On registration, you will provide an email address, display name and password. You are responsible for safeguarding your account so ensure you select a strong password and limit the access to the account. We cannot be held liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply in this regard.
4. We reserve the right to terminate your membership of PaddlePoints at any time if you materially breach these Terms.
5. You are solely responsible for any and all Content you contribute to the Service. When you provide Content you retain ownership of the intellectual property in that information, however you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence (with the right to sublicense) in perpetuity to use (including copy, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, broadcast, transmit, display and distribute) the Content in any and all media including forms not yet developed. This licence continues even when you cease your membership.
6. Should you wish any Content you have contributed to the Service to be removed, please contact us at [INSERT EMAIL CONTACT]. This Content will be removed where it is reasonable to do so.
7. We reserve the right but will not have an obligation to remove or refuse to distribute any Content. We also reserve the right to adapt or modify your Content for any reason including for distribution purposes.
8. By posting Content on this website, you provide us with an undertaking that such Content does not infringe the rights of someone else and that it does not violate the law in any other way such as by being defamatory, by containing racist content, or by being threatening or abusive in nature.
9. You should only provide Content that you are comfortable sharing in the public domain.
10. We are not liable for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a result of any actual or alleged libellous statements, infringements of intellectual property or privacy rights, or product liability, whether resulting from negligence or otherwise, including without limitation, from any use or operation of any ideas, instructions, procedures, products or methods contained in the Content published on the site.
11. Any use or reliance on any Content or materials available as part of the Service is done so at your own risk. We do not warrant that the information published on the site is accurate or free from error. Information published on the site is intended solely for the purpose of providing general information. The information is not intended to be nor is it to be treated as a substitute for professional advice relative to a specific condition or question.
12. Both members of PaddlePoints and members of the public will be able to report Content to us where they deem it offensive, inappropriate, or inaccurate.
11. Access to our Service does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. Access also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our website.
12. This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of, or privacy compliance by, any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
13. You may link our website without our consent. Any such linking will be entirely your responsibility and at your expense. By linking, you must not alter any of our website’s contents including any intellectual property notices and you must not frame or reformat any of our pages, files, images, text or other materials.
Intellectual Property Rights
14. The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
15. All trade marks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
16. Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (called “Comments”) which you provide to us through this website becomes our property. If in future we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, you agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments.
17. If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
18. Whilst we take all due care in providing our Services, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
19. To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these Terms is excluded.
20. We endeavour to take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
21. From time to time we may host third party content on our website such as advertisements and endorsements belonging to other traders. Responsibility for the content of such material rests with the owners of that material and we are not responsible for any errors or omissions in such material.
22. PaddlePoints is a collaborative resource and as such, the information entered on PaddlePoints is done so by the paddling community, for the paddling community. Users should note that just because a PaddlePoint has been added, this does not necessarily confer a right of access and it is the responsibility of the individual user to ensure they are not trespassing on private land.
Limitation of Liability
23. To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the Service again or payment of the costs of having those services supplied again.
24. We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from services we have supplied.
25. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you release and discharge us from any liability or claim arising out of any loss or damage that may be suffered or incurred as a result of your use of our Service.
27. If any provision in these Terms is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these Terms and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
28. We undertake to take all due care with any information which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner. Further information on British Canoeing’s approach to privacy and data protection, including our privacy notices, policies, and contact details, can be located in our Privacy Centre (https://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk/about/privacy-centre).